Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Love Eggs!

It's funny to think about all the things you made assumptions about as a kid. Half the time about things you didn't even realize you were making assumptions about. Growing up I had a lot of assumptions about eggs.

They were all white and about the same size.

And the only way you ate them was scrambled.To be perfectly honest, I thought the only way you could scramble an egg was in the microwave.

I liked eggs, and had them for special family breakfasts. Now I don't know what I would do without having them always available. I guess I am only thinking about this because we are on a bit of an egg fast. We're trying to let our egg storage grow so we aren't constantly waiting for a chicken to lay an egg. So far our chickens have laid six eggs (not bad for their first five days after being relocated). One I just found cracked in our backyard (never thought I'd be so sad about a cracked egg). One (the first one) we ate.

And we currently have four sitting in a carton.I purposely laid them all on their side in the carton because I love looking at the differences between them. I'm not sure who the first one belongs two, but the middle two were laid by our Aussie, and the last one was laid by the Plymy. I look forward to finding each egg because I know they are all going to be a little different.

Now if these girls would be a little more discrete when they lay an egg, then I could relax. It's like they want to announce it to the neighborhood. I know they are proud of themselves and all, but I'd like to keep them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment